Sydney Weekender Hong Kong Tourism Giveaway Game of Skill Competition
Terms and Conditions
By entering the ‘Sydney Weekender Hong Kong Tourism Giveaway’ competition (“the Competition”), the entrant agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- STANDARD TERMS
1.1 Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry.
1.2 To the extend of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions an any other reference to the Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- WHO CAN ENTER?
2.1 Subject to clause 2.2 and 2.3, entry is open to all residents in Australia, 18 years and over, where the Channel Seven signal is received.
2.2 Employees and their immediate families of Seven Network (Operations) Limited, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter. Immediate family includes spouse, defacto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child or sibling.
2.3 All entrants must be aged 18 years or over at the time of submitting entry to the Competition.
2.4 There will be one (1) Prize Winner during the Competition Period (“Winner”).
- HOW TO ENTER
3.1 The Competition commences on Sunday 20 March 2022 at 5.45pm AEDT and concludes on Saturday 7 May 2022 at 11:59pm AEST (“the Competition Period”). Entries close on Saturday 7 May 2022 at 11:59pm AEST. The Winners will be decided at the offices of the Promoter on Wednesday 11 May 2022.
3.2 Entrants must enter the competition by submitting an entry, on the Sydney Weekender Website under the Hong Kong Tourism post which will be communicated on Sunday 20 March 2022 at 5:45pm. Entrant’s submission comments must be, in 25 words or less, about what they would want to do most on their trip to Hong Kong.
3.3 Entries must be received within the Competition Period.
3.4 Entries must include all requested contact details and meet requirements of entry under 3.2 to be eligible to win a Prize.
3.5 Entrants (including Winner) in the Competition may enter the Competition once and each entry must be unique and:
(a) the original independent creation of the entrant;
(b) free from any claims, including copyright or trademark claims, or any other intellectual property rights or rights of confidence of any third party;
- must have the permission of any individual depicted (with permission granted by their parent/legal guardian in the case of any child that is depicted); and
- no part of the entry is, or will be, actionable for defamation, an invasion of privacy or a breach of confidence of any person.
3.6 Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. Entrants agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use, distribute, broadcast and sub-licence their entries in all media worldwide and acknowledge that they will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
3.7 Neither the Promoter nor any Sponsors are responsible for any data or other information related to this Competition that may be lost or damaged as a result of any computer software or hardware malfunction. Any issues occurring as a result of a computer/ server/ software problem will be rectified as quickly as possible.
3.8 Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
4.1 There will be one (1) Winner who will receive the prize package detailed in clause 4.2.
4.2 The Winners will receive the prize package consisting of the following product prize elements (“Prize”):
|Number||Prize Elements||RRP inc GST ($AUS)|
|1 x prize|
Private car transfer to and from Airport in Hong Kong
|2 x Cathay Pacific Return Economy Class Tickets from Australia to Hong Kong International Airport||AU$5,000|
|4 night stay for two at The Fullerton Ocean Park Hotel Hong Kong in an Oceanfront Room with daily breakfast||AU$2,450|
|Klook experience voucher for any Klook Hong Kong experience||AU$300|
|TOTAL MAXIMUM PRIZE POOL VALUE||AU$8,010|
Total maximum value of the prize package is AU$8,010 (inclusive of GST). Prize value is based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of publishing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the Prize is taken.
- The Winner (and their travelling companion) are responsible for all other expenses including but not limited to meals (unless specified), incidentals, travel insurance, visa, spending money, activities (unless specified), taxes (including departure tax) and all transfers other than those specified. Promoter and Sponsors strongly recommend travel insurance valid for the entire duration of the Winner’s holiday, to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Unless expressly stated in these Term and Conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the Winner.
- Once accommodation is booked and confirmed it is non-changeable. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the Winner at check-in to The Fullerton Ocean Park Hotel Hong Kong, for incidental charges..
- The Fullerton Ocean Park Hotel Hong Kong accommodation blackout dates are 25 – 26 & 31 December 2022, 1 January 2023 and 7 – 10 April 2023 inclusive. Accommodation cannot be booked during the blackout dates. The redemption date and the validation period of the prize is subject to the hotel’s grand opening date.
- The Winner is required to provide an electronic copy of Prize redemption letter upon making reservation and present a copy of the letter upon check-in.
- The Klook experience voucher must be booked via the Klook experience booking platform at www.klook.com
- Airport taxes and government levies must be paid at the time of booking.
- Flights leave from the Winner’s nearest capital city (being Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide) subject to Cathay Pacific’s schedule and flight availability and return flight must arrive to the same airport.
- Travel arrangement in Australia to and from the Airport do not form part of the Prize and are the responsibility of the Winner.
- The Winner and their travelling companion must travel on the same flights as each other.
- Flight tickets will be issued electronically and are valid for travel on Cathay Pacific Airways services only. The flight component is valid for use between 1 September 2022 and 1 September 2023 only.
- Flights and accommodation are subject to availability at the time of booking and are non-transferable and cannot be exchanges for other destinations. Any alterations to confirm flight and/or accommodation details will be at the expense of the Winner.All accommodation and land Prize elements are subject to Sponsors and other Prize suppliers booking condition and availability. The Prize is valid for two adults travelling together. Prize must be taken as offered and travel completed by 1 September 2023. Travel restriction and blackout dates apply. Cathay Pacific Ttravel period validity dates are between: 25Feb22-11Nov22, 10Jan23-22Jan23, 04Feb23-30Sep23. Prize cannot be taken during peak or holiday periods, and the Winner must provide Sponsors with a minimum of 21 days advance notice of travel.
- Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of theairline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline’s departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available on the Prize, and the Winner and their travelling companions cannot upgrade any Prize using Frequent Flyer points. Once airfares are booked and confirmed the Winner cannot make any changes.
- Winner (and their travelling companion) must have, or acquire, a valid passport with at least 12 months validity at the time of accepting the Prize. If the Winner does not have a valid passport, and cannot acquire one within the required period, the offer will be void and a new winner will be selected. The Winner will need to provide prod of this travel document, and its validity, during the confirmation process.
- The Promotor makes no representation as to the safety, condition or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources including government, local consular offices and the website of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- In the event that an element of a product Prize outlined above is, for any reason cancelled, postponed or not available, that element of the Prize will be considered as forfeited and no cash alternative offer will be granted in lieu of the part of the Prize. The Winner will have no claim to the element of the Prize that is no longer available.
- The Prize will be distributed by the Promoter within a reasonable time period. Once the Prize is accepted, the Winner must deal directly with the Sponsors should there be any specific requests, queries, concerns or complications. In the event the Winner does accept the Prize, then the entire Prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Prize.
- In accepting the Prize, the Winner agree to participate in and co-operate with all reasonable media editorial requests, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, and the Winner grants the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Winner agrees they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and Sponsor’s requirements.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Promoter’s requirements.
- The Winner must provide valid identification to the Promoter upon the Promoter’s request. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the Prize at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- Materials that are copyrighted cannot be submitted unless you have permission from the owner. By entering the Competition entrants agree and understand that their written entries may be used for promotional purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. All photographs will be reviewed by the Promoter.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the Prize.
4.13 Full details of prizes can be obtained by telephoning the Seven Network in each state on Sydney 02 8777 7777; Melbourne 03 9697 7777; Adelaide 08 8342 7777; Brisbane 07 3369 7777; Perth 08 9344 0777.
4.14 Subject to state permit authority restrictions, the Promoter may amend these terms and conditions in its absolute discretion.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash and are not transferable or exchangeable. In the event the Winner does not take the Prize by the time stipulated, then the entire Prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Prize.
5. HOW TO WIN
5.1 There will be one (1) Prize Winner during the Competition Period. The Winner will be the best valid entry/entries as decided by the Competition judge, having regard to skill, creativity and originality. All entries will be judged by a judge appointed by the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, at its offices, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh, NSW 2015 on Wednesday 11 May 2022. The entrant whose entries are deemed to include the most vivid descriptions and creative writing skill out of all entries received in relation to what they want to do most in Hong Kong will be deemed the Winner. The Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Winner. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a Winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a Prize.
5.2 The Winner will be notified by email from Sydney Weekender on Wednesday 11 May 2022.
5.3 Only one Prize will be awarded throughout the Competition Period.
5.4 The judge’s decision (including any decisions as to Prize distribution) is final and the Sponsors/ Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result. Chance plays no part in determining any Winner. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion deem entries invalid subsequently to a Winner being notified or a Winner’s name being announced if it is discovered that the Winner did not enter the Competition in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. In these circumstances, an additional judging will be conducted.
5.5 It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner agree to comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and Sponsor’s requirements.
5.6 It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
5.7 In the event of an unclaimed prize, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Seven Network (Operations) Limited (ABN 65 052 845 262), 8 Central Avenue, Eveleigh 2015 NSW on Thursday May 12, 2022 and the Winner will be notified by email from Sydney Weekender’s on the same day.
- NO LIABILITY
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, pandemic, epidemic, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to state government legislation.
6.2 Promoter, and its associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for defective Prizes or Prizes damaged or lost in transit, or late, lost or misdirected mail, where applicable.
6.3 Promoter, and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any claims, misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur:
- during entry into the competition
- during the judging;
- whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry into the Competition; or
- in accepting of or participating in the Prize;
- as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail;
- due to the broadcast or publication of any program relating to the Competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person;
- arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunctions of any telephone network, internet connection, website outage or line or mobile communications network related to or resulting from participation in the Competition (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- to entrant or any other person’s computer software, computer equipment or internet connection resulting from or related to participation in the Competition;
- any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions that is not due to an intentional error by Promoter and/or its agencies and affiliates;
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay, defect, theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or
- due to any change in these terms and conditions or any change in Promoter’s programming, scheduling or production of broadcast material.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reasonably amend or vary these Terms and Conditions at its sole discretion, orally or in writing, for the purpose of Promoter’s programming, scheduling or production requirements.
- Promoter, Sponsors, associated agencies and companies assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available, subject to state government legislation.
- If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter and/ or Prize provider/Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to state government legislation.
- Regardless of anything else in these Terms and Conditions, nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the application of Consumer Laws or the exercise of any rights or remedies you may have under Consumer Laws where any such exclusion, restriction or modification would contravene Consumer Laws. “Consumer Laws” refers to the Australian Consumer Law under Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), and any applicable similar consumer protection laws in the states and territories of Australia that mirror the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law.
7 PROMOTER’S DETAILS
7.1 The Promoter is Seven Network (Operations) Limited (ABN 65 052 845 262) of 8 Central Avenue, Eveleigh NSW, 2015.
7.2 The Sponsors are HONG KONG TOURISM BOARD (ABN 18 001 360 225) of Level 4, Hong Kong House, 80 Druitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000 , Cathay Pacific Airways Limited (ABN 57 000 479 514) of One International Towers, Level 29, 100 Barangaroo Avenue, Sydney NSW 2000 and The Fullerton Ocean Park Hotel Hong Kong of 3 Ocean Drive, Aberdeen, Hong Kong
7.3 Entry details remain the property of the Promoter.